We want to thank the businesses who made this possible with their generous sponsorship and encourage readers to frequent them. Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to advertise in future issues or if you’d be interested in being involved in the publishing team.
Category Archives: General Announcements
The MCA and Muslim community in Ann Arbor and vicinity announcement regarding Ramadaan. You can receive announcement by email by entering your email and clicking on the subscribe tab below.
The blessed month of Ramadaan is around the corner. Please sign up to help out by clicking here.
Ibn Abbas described that the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was the most generous of people, and even more so during the month of Ramadan.
MCA’s fun-filled and Islamically Oriented Summer camp is BACK!!!
Sign up for multiple weeks by clicking here or week by week clicking below. Limited to 100 participants. First come, first serve.
We want to thank the 21 businesses who made this possible with their generous sponsorship and encourage readers to frequent them. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to advertise in future issues or if you’d be interested in being involved in the publishing team.
For this issue, we are separating the prayer schedule which can be downloaded by clicking here as people wanted the flexibility of printing the prayer schedule by itself. Click here to voice your opinion (Do you like the prayer schedule in the magazine?)
MCA is proud to introduce several education and social programs.
Fiqh of Purity
Description: the Prophet Sallahu Allayhi Wassalam has said “Purity is half of faith” (Muslim). Purity is an essential part of our lives, rather our worship (ibaadah) is not accepted without achieving purity.
Join us for an intensive class on religious purity to empower us with the practical rulings of Taharah (purity).
Times: 11 am – 12 pm on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month and 7 – 8 pm on the 2nd and 4th of every month.
Instructor: Mufti Abdullah Al Mahmudi
Room: Multipurpose room
An-Nawawi’s book of 40 Hadiths
Description: sisters’ halaqah and spiritual support circle. We will cover An-Nawawi ‘s book of 40 Hadiths and discuss how to implement the guidance of the Prophet (pbuh) into our lives as women.
Times: 3 – 5 pm on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month
Instructor: Ustadha Jennifer Crooker
Room: Multipurpose room
Tafseer Al Quran (English)
Description: Weekly Tafseer class in English.
Times: 10:30 am on Wednesdays and repeated on Sundays at 10:30 am
Instructor: Ustadha Shazia Ansari
Room: Wednesdays is in sisters pray area and Sundays in the library.
Tafseer Al Quran (Arabic)
Description: Weekly Tafseer class in Arabic.
Times: 2:00 pm on Thursday
Instructor: Ustadha Nagla Mostafa
Room: Sisters pray area
Sisters’ Tea Time
Description: Sisters’ monthly social gathering. Come and join us to have good time, good company, and good food.
Time: 2:30 – 4 pm on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
Room: multipurpose room and/or sisters area.
Note: All programs are in English and babysitting will be available for all programs.
Let’s stay in touch!
Subscribe to our weekly emails by filling out the form below.
Expect one email per week unless the situation might warrants us to send a few more reminder emails or urgent announcements.
Weekly announcements regarding the MCA and Muslim community in Ann Arbor and vicinity. The announcements are updated every Friday and you can receive them by email by entering your email and clicking on the subscribe tab below.
- Physical sighting of the crescent moon of Ramadaan or Shawwaal.
- The physical sighting of the crescent is established by the testimony of one or two trustworthy Muslim witnesses.
- The completion of month of Shaaban or Ramadaan.
- The thirtieth day of any lunar month marks the completion of that particular month.
This position is based on following evidences:
- Allah says in the Qur’an:
It was the month of Ramadan in which the Qur’an was [first] sent down as a guidance for humanity and a self-evident proof of that guidance, and as the standard by which to discern the true from the false. Hence, whoever of you witnesses the month, shall fast it. [2:185]
- The Prophet’s (saws) said in the hadith which was related from him by nine of the companions of the Prophet (saws):
Recorded by Bukhari, Muslim and others.
- This is also based on the hadith of Abd-Allah ibn Umar (raa) that Allah’s Messenger (saws) said:
Recorded by Bukhari.
- The Prophet’s saying (saws) made the obligation of fasting dependent on the sighting of the crescent moon, not on just its presence, and the consensus of the vast majority of the scholars of this Ummah has converged on this point over the centuries.
- The Prophet’s saying (saws) did not bind the issue of fasting to the birth of the crescent moon, but rather to it being seen.
- This position is the stance of the majority of the people of knowledge and the view adopted by the authenticating scholars amongst them.
- This is also closer to Allah’s objective of harmony and agreement, and a step on the path to unitingtheUmmah and speaking with one voice.
- If one Muslim sights the crescent moon of Ramadan, all Muslims fast.
Moreover, this position does not stir up regional sensitivities, for whichever Muslim country announces the moon sighting, the Muslim communities will follow them; their decision is to be relied on and acted upon.
JazakumAllahu Khayran for your patience.