About the Program
The MCA Islamic School (MCAIS) Weekend Program consists of two components:
- Saturday – Qur’an Memorization
- Sunday – Arabic & Islamic Studies
Saturday school focuses on learning to read and memorize the Qur’an in preparation to go to a Hifz School, while Sunday school aims to build a strong foundational knowledge of Islamic Studies & Arabic language.
Mission Statement & Vision
We aim to create a competitive environment for children to learn to read and memorize the Qur’an (Saturday) and have basic knowledge of Islamic Studies & Arabic Language (Sunday). The weekend school program is meant to foster spiritual and academic development. This program was designed to help nurture an intrinsic motivation within the student to learn the basics of their religion and build a strong moral character.
Saturday (Qur’an Reading & Memorization) Program Info:
The Saturday program at MCAIS aims to provide students the ability to read the Qur’an and recite it properly. Students will then learn how to effectively memorize the Qur’an. Our vision is to provide children with the best resources, teachers, and environment by which they can learn to read, memorize, and understand the Holy Qur’an. Students will gain confidence in reading and understanding the basic subjects in the Qur’an. In tandem with teaching students the Word of Allah (SWT), students will learn oft-repeated vocabulary in the Qur’an and familiarize themselves with the basic message of the text.
Sunday (Islamic Studies & Arabic) Program Info:
The Sunday program at MCAIS focuses on teaching Islamic Studies and Arabic. The objective of the program is to create a competitive and nurturing environment for students to learn. Student coursework will be based upon the “I Love Islam” textbook series & supplemental material. In addition the program is designed to teach students the authentic ahadith of our beloved Prophet (SAW) as well as the daily adkhar and dua’s narrated from the Sunnah.
- Establishment of better accountability for students and teachers
- Improvement of communication between instructors and administration
- Restructuring of current administration & instructors
- New principal appointed to oversee success of program
- School management software for parents & teachers to communicate student progress
- Re-evaluation of current curriculum by Imam
- Convenient online registration and payment system
- …and more to come inshaAllah
First Day of Classes Begin on
Saturday, September 12th