MCA Job Opportunity
1. Assistant Imam
- Deliver Jummah Khutbah, Taraweeh, khatira’s and lead five daily prayers.
- Performs Imam’s role when Imam is out of office
- Provide Hadith studies, Seerah and Fiqh lessons, and other Islamic topics to increase knowledge and provide for spiritual growth of community members
- Develop and implement educational and extracurricular programs for the youth, includes indoor and outdoor.
- Work with Muslim Student Associations and develop programs to attract youth to the masjid.
- Offer youth counseling and guidance as needed.
- Perform Youth Director(YD) activities outlined in YD section below.
- Actively participate in interfaith and other outreach activities
- This position requires to live close to the masjid for quick and easy masjid reach-ability.
- This position reports to VP and a BT(Board of Trustee) member, with a close coordination with the Sr/Director Imam.
- Maintain regular and convenient office hours at the Mosque for community members to seek religious counsel and guidance.
- Interact with all persons and organizations, Muslim and Non-Muslim, in a manner that reflects positively on the Mosque.
- Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that foster unity and a sense of inclusion among all community members, and promote broad participation in Islamic and community activities.
- Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to school of thought, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship, political affiliation, or economic status.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that is respectful of the history and diversity of the Muslim community.
- Ability to interact with, teach, and relate to all age groups in the community (children, youth, elders, etc.)
- Ability to work with people of different cultures and backgrounds. Experience in family/youth counseling, conflict prevention, and resolution.
- Administer, attend and supervise social and recreational activities for youth.
- Conceive, plan and manage Youth workshops/seminars.
- Administer, attend and supervise weekly Youth Educational Programs.
- Conduct/attend meetings with mentors, youth advisers and coordinator.
- Solicit and recruit community members for successful implementation of the programs.
- Respond appropriately to all inquiries, referencing/utilizing/coordinating with the MCA(Muslim Community of Ann Arbor) Director-Imam, regarding Islamic matters (jurisprudence, advice, etc) and issues that are raised by the community’s youth.
- Deliver occasional youth-oriented Friday sermons/talks/presentations at MCA in coordination with the Director-Imam (Male Youth Director Only).
- Attend MCA community dinners, fundraisers, picnics, and quarterly general body meetings.
- Upon Approval, attend professional development and training seminars.
- Attend all Youth Planning Sub-Committee meetings.
- Keep an open line of communication with the Director-Imam, Education, and Dawah chair.
- Minimum Required Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Islamic Studies or any related field from a recognized institution.
- Ijazah (license) to teach various Islamic sciences, such as Tajweed, Fiqh, etc.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic (Fusha/Quranic)
- Hafiz (Having Memorized the entire Quran) Qari (Having Ijaza to recite the Quran in one or more of the Qira`at/Tajweed styles
- Candidate must be US Citizen to apply
- Fluent in English and Arabic at minimum